The Logan County Treasurer is an elected official who serves a four year term. The duties of the Logan County Treasurer include the receipt, management and disbursement of public funds. Any monies not needed immediately are to be invested at the highest rate of interest. All funds invested must be fully collateralized. The treasurer serves as the ex-officio county collector and as such is responsible for the collection, management and the distribution of property taxes, including real estate, mobile home and drainage tax. The County Treasurer is also responsible for maintaining all financial records for the annual audit.
2017 Tax Dates Timeline
2017 MOBILE HOME TAX BILLS
Have been mailed, if you did not receive your bill please contact our office.
$25 penalty after JUNE 1ST, with additional penalty of $25 per month assessed, up to $100.00.
Collection year 2017 REAL ESTATE TAXES
- 2017 Tax bills will be mailed Tuesday May 30, 2017, if you do not receive your bill please contact our office.
- First Installment due date is July 11, 2017
- Second Installment due date is September 1, 2017
Payments may be made by any of the following methods:
- at the Logan County Treasurer's Office, Room 11, Logan County Courthouse (Real Estate Only - we will now be accepting credit and debit card payments in our office)
- at the Dr. John Logan Building, 122 N. McLean St. Drive-up window or walk-in
- Logan County Treasurer's dropbox on N. Kickapoo St. across from Latham Park (No CASH please)
- at most of the local banks
- by mail (Postmark honored as date received - to avoid penalty postmark on or before due date)
- by credit card via phone 844-653-1539 - you will need your permanent index number, or online (Click here: Credit Card Tax Payments).
- Direct debit - you may have a direct debit from your bank account for tax payments. For information and application form please call our office at 217-732-3761
Tax Sale not available at this time. See Registration form below. The last day to register for this year's Tax Sale is TO BE ANNOUNCED.
Refundable Set-up Fee is $50.00, forfeited if no attendance to sale.
Electronic File and updates Fee is $100.00.
View Settlement Sheets and Interest Distribution information on the Tax Districts page.
View annual audits and financial statements at on the county board financial information page.
View Freedom of Information Act guidelines and print request forms at FOIA page.
County Supervisor of Assessments
- Instructs the township assessors.
- Prepares and maintains tax maps as well as up to date lists of property owner's names, addresses, and property record cards for all real estate in the county.
- Serves as Clerk of the Board of Review.
- Can revise assessment made by township assessor.
- Grant exemptions.
- Change of address
- Assessment information
- Real Estate Tax Exemptions
- Mobile Home Record Maintenance
122 N. McLean St. (John Logan Bldg.), Lincoln, IL 62656
- Extend all tax rates according to the tax levy ordinances.
- Extend the tax rate over the value of the property for each county taxing district.
- Redemption of tax sale certificates
- Tax Levy information
Logan County Courthouse, Rm.#20, Lincoln, IL. 62656
- Prepare and mail all tax bills.
- Collect all taxes.
- Enter all errors of assessments and keep track of all tax appeals granted.
- Disburse monies to the taxing bodies.
- Invest all monies not immediately distributed. The interest earned will be distributed to the taxing bodies.
The tax information found on this web site is for information purposes only. Logan County is not responsible for any errors in the use of this information. The web site is updated every night and is available the following day on the website so today's business will not be available until tomorrow. You may call (217) 732-3761 for more information.