The Logan County Treasurer is an elected official who serves a four year term. The duties of the Logan County Treasurer include the receipt, management and disbursement of public funds. Any monies not needed immediately are to be invested at the highest rate of interest. All funds invested must be fully collateralized. The treasurer serves as the ex-officio county collector and as such is responsible for the collection, management and the distribution of property taxes, including real estate, mobile home and drainage tax. The County Treasurer is also responsible for maintaining all financial records for the annual audit.
2022 Tax Dates Timeline
2022 MOBILE HOME TAX BILLS
Have been mailed, if you did not receive your bill please contact our office.
$25 penalty after June 1, 2022 with additional penalty of $25 per month assessed, up to $100.00.
We will update if there are any changes.
Collection year 2022 REAL ESTATE TAXES
- 2021 Tax bills will be mailed May 16, 2022, if you do not receive your bill please contact our office.
- First Installment due date is June 24, 2022
- Second Installment due date is September 1, 2022
Payments may be made by any of the following methods:
- at the Logan County Treasurer's Office, Room 11, Logan County Courthouse (Real Estate Only - we now accept credit and debit card payments in our office (2.35% fee charged.)
- Logan County Treasurer's dropbox on N. Kickapoo St. across from Latham Park. North and South around Courthouse. (No CASH please)
- at most of the local banks
- by mail (Postmark honored as date received - to avoid penalty postmark on or before due date)
- by credit card via phone 844-653-1539 - you will need your permanent index number, or online (Click here: Credit Card Tax Payments)
- There will be NO payments accepted at the John Logan Building.
Tax Sale October 18, 2022. See Registration form below. The last day to register for this year's Tax Sale is October 4, 2022. This years Tax Sale will be Rams 2. Buyers will need to come to the Treasurer's office and drop off their checks and bids. Our office will email results and send a physical copy in the mail.
Refundable Set-up Fee is $50.00, forfeited if no attendance to sale.
Electronic File and updates Fee is $100.00.
View Settlement Sheets and Interest Distribution information on the Tax Districts page.
View annual audits and financial statements at on the county board financial information page.
View Freedom of Information Act guidelines and print request forms at FOIA page.
County Supervisor of Assessments
- Instructs the township assessors.
- Prepares and maintains tax maps as well as up to date lists of property owner's names, addresses, and property record cards for all real estate in the county.
- Serves as Clerk of the Board of Review.
- Can revise assessment made by township assessor.
- Grant exemptions.
- Change of address
- Assessment information
- Real Estate Tax Exemptions
- Mobile Home Record Maintenance
122 N. McLean St. (John Logan Bldg.), Lincoln, IL 62656
- Extend all tax rates according to the tax levy ordinances.
- Extend the tax rate over the value of the property for each county taxing district.
- Redemption of tax sale certificates
- Tax Levy information
Logan County Courthouse, Rm.#20, Lincoln, IL. 62656
- Prepare and mail all tax bills.
- Collect all taxes.
- Enter all errors of assessments and keep track of all tax appeals granted.
- Disburse monies to the taxing bodies.
- Invest all monies not immediately distributed. The interest earned will be distributed to the taxing bodies.
The tax information found on this web site is for information purposes only. Logan County is not responsible for any errors in the use of this information. The web site is updated every night and is available the following day on the website so today's business will not be available until tomorrow. You may call (217) 732-3761 for more information.