Military Discharge DD214 Request
Who May Obtain a Copy of a Military Discharge:
- Military Veteran
- Military Veteran's Dependents
- County Veteran's Service Officer
- Representatives of the Department of Veterans' Affairs
- Any person with written authorization from the military veteran or the military veteran's dependents.
There is no charge for certified copies issued.
What You Need:
- A Completed Military Discharge - Request Form is needed in order to obtain a copy of a military discharge.
- A photo ID is required from the person requesting a copy of the military discharge.
You MUST fill out a request form as required by state law. Our Office cannot accept this form via fax or internet.
(55 ILCS 5/3-5015)