Military Discharge DD214 Request


Who May Obtain a Copy of a Military Discharge:

  • Military Veteran
  • Military Veteran's Dependents 
  • County Veteran's Service Officer
  • Representatives of the Department of Veterans' Affairs
  • Any person with written authorization from the military veteran or the military veteran's dependents. 

There is no charge for certified copies issued.

What You Need:

  • A Completed Military Discharge - Request Form is needed in order to obtain a copy of a military discharge.
  • A photo ID is required from the person requesting a copy of the military discharge. 

You MUST fill out a request form as required by state law. Our Office cannot accept this form via fax or internet.                        

(55 ILCS 5/3-5015)