COVID-19 Information

Information related to COVID-19 affecting Logan County IL.

ios7 information outline Current Statistics 

Logan County Department of Public Health

If you think you have been exposed to COVID‑19 and develop a fever and symptoms, such as cough or difficulty breathing, call your healthcare provider for medical advice.


Search Our Site

Q: Where is the State’s Attorney’s Office?

A:  The State’s Attorney’s Office is located on the third floor of the Logan County Courthouse, located at 601 Broadway Street, Lincoln, Illinois 62656.

Q: I have proof of insurance, do I still need to go to court?

A:  If you had insurance on the date of your ticket, bring proof of insurance and a copy of your ticket to the State’s Attorney’s Office at least one day before your court date and you can avoid going to court.

Q: Where do I go to pay my fines?

A:  Fines can be paid through the Circuit Clerk’s Office.

Q: I need assistance from an attorney. Can the State’s Attorney’s Office recommend someone?

A:  The State’s Attorney’s Office is not allowed to give legal advice and this includes recommendations for a private attorney.

Q: Where can I get information on a case?

A:  Daily docket and case information are available through the Circuit Clerk’s Office and JUDICI. The Circuit Clerk’s Office cannot give out court information over the phone regarding juvenile cases.

Q: What is the difference between an order of protection and a stalking no contact order?

A: For orders of protection, there must be a qualifying domestic or household relationship between the victim and the offender.

For stalking no contact orders, there does not need to be a domestic or household relationship between the victim and offender, but there must be at least two incidents between the victim and offender in which a reasonable person would fear for his or her safety.

Q: How do I report a crime?

A: If it is an emergency, call 911. For non-emergencies, call the Sheriff’s Office or the police department where the crime occurred. If you wish to remain anonymous while providing a tip about a crime, please contact Crimestoppers by calling (217) 732-3000 or by sending an email to crimestoppers@lincolnil.gov.

If you have a reasonable belief that someone is physically or sexually abusing a child, or neglecting a child, you should report it to Illinois DCFS. People who work with children, including teachers, coaches, school officials, daycare providers and healthcare providers, are required by law to make a report. However, anyone who suspects child abuse or neglect can make a report. Just call 1-800-25-ABUSE (1-800-252-2873).

Q: I am a victim of a crime, do I have to go to court?

A: Anyone can attend court, but the only time a victim or a witness would be required to attend court would be for a substantive hearing or trial, pursuant to a subpoena. It is very important you notify the State’s Attorney’s Office of any changes in address or phone number from the time of the original police report.

Q: Can I dismiss charges?

A: When a charge is brought in criminal court, it is brought by the State’s Attorney’s Office on behalf of all of the People of Illinois, not just the victim in a given case. The decision to dismiss a case is not taken lightly and cases will not be dismissed solely on the basis that it is the wish of the victim.

Q: What do I do if I receive a subpoena to testify?

A: To determine whether your testimony will be needed, please call the State’s Attorney’s Office at (217) 732-2184 and ask to speak to the victim/witness coordinator. When you call, have the subpoena at hand because it contains the defendant’s name, case number, courtroom, and other important information you will need.

If you are needed to testify, the State’s Attorney’s Office will work with you as best as possible to keep to a minimum your time away from work, school, or other obligations.

If you receive a subpoena and do not make direct contact with our office, then you must appear at the date and time the subpoena indicates.