State's Attorney

COVID-19 Information

Information related to COVID-19 affecting Logan County IL.

ios7 information outline Current Statistics 

Logan County Department of Public Health

If you think you have been exposed to COVID‑19 and develop a fever and symptoms, such as cough or difficulty breathing, call your healthcare provider for medical advice.


Search Our Site


As the chief law enforcement official in Logan County, Illinois, I am dedicated to securing justice for our community. Working with local law enforcement, our staff of committed professionals seeks safety and justice through fair-minded prosecution. I strive each day to fulfill this great responsibility by directing the appropriate resources to achieve justice and not simply convictions. I welcome your comments as together we keep Logan County a thriving community.



Crime Victims

If you feel that you have been the victim of a crime, you should report it to the appropriate police agency for an investigation. After the investigation has been completed, this office will read the police reports and determine whether a criminal case will be filed. A determination that a criminal case will not be filed regarding a particular incident does not impact upon an individual's ability to file a civil suit to vindicate their rights. Ms. Lisa Bobb, Victim/Witness Coordinator, assists crime victims. She can be reached at (217) 735-5075.


Legal Representation

This office does not represent or give legal advice to citizens who have private legal issues and disputes. Individuals and businesses with legal disputes or questions concerning rights and obligations must seek legal advice from their own counsel at their own expense. Disputes between tenants and landlords and those between condominium owners and their management associations are private civil matters for which the parties must seek representation from a private attorney. This office does not provide information regarding private civil actions that are no longer active or assist with small claims suits; those issues are best addressed with the Clerk of the Circuit Court.


Bad Check Program

This office supports local businesses with a bad check enforcement program. More information can be found at: